When it comes to our children, nothing is more important than their comfort and security. That’s why when travelling whether for camping, trips, visiting relatives and many more, we need to find the best travelling companion for our little one. Sleep is very important especially for growing toddlers. They need to get ample amount of sleep to help them grow strong and healthy. So when travelling, we need to find a bed that is easy to assemble, store and carry around. There are many types of beds to purchase for travelling but for now, let me focus on one of the most popular one, which is the Inflatable toddler travel bed.
Advantage of Inflatable Toddler Travel beds
- Extreme comfort
- Includes pumps whether hand pumps or electric, this makes inflating and deflating the bed fast and easy.
- Comes with a storage bag and some even includes crib sheets
- Very durable
- The height is just enough from the ground and makes it safer for me to monitor and not worry that he or she might fall off.
Recommended Inflatable Beds for Toddlers
- Bed Mattress for Kids by Aero
- Made especially for kids
- The size is about 50inches x 25 inches surface size
- 4inches lift or thickness from the ground
- Inflation rate with the electric pump is 1 minute while deflation rate is only under 15 seconds
- Includes machine washable thick mattress pad which is fitted and has a moon and star prints
- There are bumpers along the sides that keeps the kid in place
- Durable and comfortable
- Because of the carrying bag, bringing this along during travel makes it really easy to carry and to store.
- Only disadvantage is during the first time of the usage, there are some annoying sounds when moving on top.
- Inflata Snuggle Kids Air bed by Smart Air beds
- Made of heavy duty PVC material
- Includes an electric pump that can inflate the bed in less than a minute
- Surface size of 42″x 20
- Elevations is enough
- Very comfortable
- Includes some sheets and a handy carry bag for easy storage and portability
- Durable and kids likes jumping on it
- Downside is if the area is cold, the bed will be cold as well and if it is hot, the bed will also be hot. Best solution si to put an extra blanket or sheet
- Another downside is that it produces an annoying plastic sound when sleeping
- Cozy Kids airbed by Intex
- Comfortable with soft flocking
- Won’t easily puncture and easy to repair when it does cause Intex provides a repair patch when you purchase
- Includes and inflatable pillow as well
- Available in various colors like pink, blue etc
- Perfect size for toddlers to little kids
- Kids love jumping on top of it like a trampoline
- Downside is that you can’t choose the color that you want if you order online and the air pillows are not comfortable as well
- CAB-020 Majestic Blue twin air bed by AirCloud
- The thickness is about 14″ which fully inflates in less than a minute
- Very comfortable
- Can withstand a weight of 200 pounds
- For storage and portability, they include a sturdy nylon bag
- Auto inflation, and quick valve release for personalized firmness control
- Perfect for active sleepers and has raised edges to keep the little one tucked in throughout the night
- Perfect size for 2 years above
- Provided with electric air pump
- Downside is that it is bit smaller than a twin size bed
- This airbed holds it shape very well even if your kids will keep on jumping on it
I have made the list for you to assess and check for yourself which one you think will be perfect for your little one. Please check the advantage and disadvantage of each product, the material used, how comfortable it is, the elevation height or if you prefer to have it ridges as well.
I really hope that this guide will help you choose which among them will suit your needs better and for the comfort of your kids especially when travelling.
About the author:
Rachel Turner, a travel advocate and parents of 3 kids. Loves to travel a lot and mostly travel to South East asia and Australia. Travel blogger and writer of cheap hotels and restaurants among various magazines and online blogs.